EdB........I can't report on any actual damage to the Royal Islander.....like the rest of the owners we've been told a possible opening at the end of July. They are still working with insurance adjusters and contractors and when they get the final report is when they are going to let owners know of the timeline. However, I've seen pictures of some of the rooms......sliding doors gone/broken, furniture strewn around, broken / missing doors and windows. I was told the brand new pool liner that was installed last year will have to be replaced. I know it's hard for people to have the wait and see attitude......but that is where our head is at......we went through this back in 95 after the lesser hurricane. It took many months for all the repairs to the resort, but it came back in great fashion! I trust when they are ready and have all the information they will let the owners know just as they did in the past.

We will stop in to the resort in March just to see how things are progressing, and of course to see some of the staff.