It is $6 per person/day if it is a BVI flagged boat, for non BVI flagged boats it is $16 per person per day. In December I chartered out of St. Thomas on a US flagged boat and spent 5 nights in the BVI. Upon entering we paid $1,100 to customs and immigration - that is a significant number for 5 nights! Now think of a cruiser with a limited budget that wanted to spent two or three weeks in the BVI before moving on. The new higher fee really discourages sticking around the BVI for a longer period of time and I suspect many of the cruisers will simply pass thru for a day or two and head south rather than sticking around. Another thing that could happen is that the USVI gets their act together and starts installing mooring balls at many of their beautiful anchorages. Most of these anchorages are every bit as beautiful as the BVI and also have great beach bars and restaurants. The big difference is you need to anchor rather than grabbing a ball and I think the vast majority of us would much rather be on a ball after having a few painkillers on the beach than at anchor. If mooring balls start appearing in the bays of the USVI it would be much more affordable to just stay there. All that being said, I think it would be wise for the BVI government to revert back to the old fee schedule permanently, otherwise other locales will eventually overtake them as the sailing capital of the world.