It would be quite interesting to know what is being deliberated. As ive mentioned before, when we inquired in the last few years on a unit, the individual owners were required to pay for insurance and did not appear to be an individual choice to do so and to decide what level to insure at.

Assuming the entity that was to handle the procurement of insurance did things well and the insurance company fulfills their side, it would seem to me a decent percentage of money should be forthcoming to rebuild structures that existed.

Obviously, the controlling deciders would have to decide what they are allowed to rebuild and if the moneies are sufficient enough to so.

Codes are neat and all especially for structural soundness and electricity.
As for Hurricanes, it would be hard to make Club O Hurricane proof and maybe prohibitively expensive. No one lost their lives at Club O and few on the island as a whole.

Hurricanes are frequent but big ones are not an annual thing, Normally. Therefore, I have no problem with Club O rebuilding exactly as was if the math works out that way and the owners/customers pay the insurance freight via room rates. Folks can always evacuate when storms come as they always have.

Having just surveyed other Caribbean CO resorts, Club O was a bargain compared to HBR, CSS, and other places, some of which want 700/night.

I think as soon as they get some rule clarifications, water/power solutions, and the insurance money, they can get that place largely rebuilt and in operation within a year.