I think the prices are up because flights have been cut back so the supply is small but the demand is still big so the much higher fares. I see that starting in April and May more airlines are adding flights, just wish they could have been more flights during high season. We have been to St Maarten twice since Irma and both flights were full and we paid more than normal. The Island is ready as the beaches are great, food great, people great and happy to see tourist coming and the weather is still great. We did also see a lot of construction going on which I think is a great sign that they are moving forward but of course you will see for a long time hurricane damaged properties but that in no way affects me from having a great time or getting a great tan like always. Lots and lots of great restaurants,shops and mainly the smaller Hotels open and we did not judge them on less than perfect which did not matter these trips as we know they are all trying hard to get back to normal and dealing with temp fixes. We go back in April and can't wait to see even more progress.