Having just come back, I think the ferry service will be back at most within 6 months. Roadtown Fast Ferry has 2 new 300 passenger cats but does not use them on the RT to STT run as there is little traffic. Speedy ferry is up and running but two ferries have open bottoms and are bring repaired. Maybe another 6 months to repair. Smith's ferry has no boats.

Government has MANY buildings that will require 10's of millions to repair each. They are trying to borrow money. Problem is how is how does it get repaid.

Leverick Bay is back to normal. Lots of work still to do but everything is open. Houses are getting repaired but like my own villa, I just settled with the insurance company and are now going full speed to repair which will take 8-10 months.

Beaches are fine but little vegetation means no place to stay out of the sun. Cruise charter boats are coming back either being repaired or replaced so that industry should be fine in 6 months.

So in a nutshell the big problem is how does all this get paid for. Many locals have no insurance, the Catholic Church on VG has no insurance and needs a roof and has only found 1/2 of the pews. ONly 50 families support the church so money is tight.

The other problem is almost no tourists and I can understand that. That will take a couple of years to bring back.

The mood on VG is VERY up beat and if you can do construction you are fine.

Last edited by tpcook; 02/21/2018 08:20 PM.

tpcook