I think Jay hit the nail on the head..

We saw first hand what Irene did 6.5 years ago in Vermont. I'm sure others have seen what Katrina did, Sandy, and even Irma did in Florida..etc. Some of the businesses in these places have never come back. We still see a few businesses in Vermont that are standing, but empty and nothing being done due to the cost of repairs. And this is in the States where we have a lot more resources and money available and still 6.5 years later, things are not back to what they were. With that said, the new "normal" is fine and there's really no downside to it - aside from a few abandoned buildings.

I imagine everything in the BVI (like it always has) will move even slower and take longer. The damage there was worse. And like all the other places hit with storms (except maybe Sandy given the value of the land in areas hit) we'll see some businesses come back and some disappear forever. And eventually - a long while from now likely see a new one here or there.

Fortunately the big attraction to the BVI is the environment - wind, water..etc. that's all still there and enjoyable. I know we're itching to go back as soon as we can.

Matt