Caliente Caribe has a stunning location, but virtually no beach. It's not a Club O replacement in beach terms; life revolves around the swimming pools and hot tubs. Been there a few times, and thoroughly enjoyed the resort, although it has the largest spiders I've ever seen!

Caribe was developed as a condo project (Eden Bay), and is in multiple ownership, as far as I know. A previous manager (I think) was involved in a tragic traffic accident in which a local child was killed, and he was spirited off the island in a speedboat to avoid lynch mob action, so the story goes.

The resort has a private villa on the cliff overlooking it, this was allegedly given to the local politician or military guy who arranged permission for Caribe to be built - the Dominican Republic is a third-world country and corruption is rife. It's one of the few places I'd never rent a car! On our last visit, my wife & I were in a taxi on the way back to the airport when we were stopped on a rural road in the middle of nowhere by a ragged bunch of soldiers and police, all armed. The taxi driver was less alarmed than we were, some money changed hands, and we got to the airport. But we'd never go there again!

In recent years, Caribe started operating as a group destination for block bookings, and was targeting swingers, gays and fetish groups.

Last edited by tiger79; 03/14/2018 06:37 PM.