Reading more and more posts everywhere on-line, and looking at all of Testudo's posts and Google maps, etc. I have a couple questions for final clarifications.

We'll be staying at Great Expectations or something like that in Cayman Kai down the road from Rum Point on the lagoon side of road, for 1 week.

According to Testudo's maps, etc. there is a lot of good snorkeling along the reef just off shore to the east of Rum Point, from which one can almost float back to Rum Point from. Is this a 1/2 hour float, an hour float, or is this more to scale of a 10-15 float?

It appears going to Rum Point is better after the cruise ship crowds have left. Is it really $10 for a drink and $7 for a tap beer? Do they really frown on one bringing a cooler to the beach area around the point, preferring that everyone get their libations from the Bar and Restaurant?

We will have bicycles to use locally. Is it necessary to hide or lock a bike when going to the area beaches?

I intend to explore north shore and east shore, as we will have 2 rental cars from McCurley. Are there recommended lunch points and beer/drink stops along the north and east shores? I see there is a small grocery store, is this a good point to buy a cold beer and a cheaper price than a bar at Rum Point?

As you may be able to tell, I'm on a budget. Some say cheap, but I'm used to finding inexpensive places in the BVI, and GC is sounding like quite a bit of sticker shock is in order.

We will be doing Sting Ray city and leaving from Rum Point, most likely utilizing Red Sail. Is it best to wait for mid-late afternoon to go to SRC for less crowds? I have printed out the cruise ship schedule and see there are no-ship days.

I hope to do hiking in the gardens in central island, most seem to be small and short hikes, is this correct?

We'll probably be doing 7 mile at least once during our stay, and will try to eat at less formal locations. Chicken-Chicken or something like that seems to be recommended for good island food. Is this correct? Or are there others?

I'm still waiting on a map in the mail, and I understand McCurley's has a good map with car. So driving around shouldn't be a problem, but how about bicycling around. Is it safe enough to be out bicycling on the north road, or elsewhere?

Any comments are welcome, now if I could only memorize all of Testudo's work, I'd be a tour guide.

Thanks for any assistance or information.

BobA
Stillwater, MN