Originally Posted by NCSailor
Originally Posted by Schwendy
We will be there 7/20 on a 433pc. Don't break anything! Ha. Think you already got some good advice but I would suggest doing the chart briefing on NauticEd. It's an online boating school and is recognized by most of the charter companies including Moorings. They have the chart briefing course! Can't remember the cost but I think $10-15? It only takes 20 minutes or so and you take a short quiz. When you pass it, you download and print your certificate to email to Moorings or show them when you get there. Then you don't have to sit through the briefing. The downside to that is if there were any recent events/changes, weather concerns, etc. you would miss. I had Riteway provision and deliver last time as well and chose not to this time. We did a sleep aboard and Riteway didn't show up until 11am the next morning. The boat briefing was late as well. We had plenty of time to make it over to Norman but it ruined our plan of an early start. As much as Mooring's charges for the sleep aboard I expect to be able to leave early! Your boat briefing should be short if you learned on the 433pc. It's such a short walk over to Riteway and taxi back, that's what we're doing. You could have your order waiting for you and pick it up yourself or just do the shopping.

We have learned over the years not to wait passively for the boat briefer to show up to find him/her on the dock and ask for the briefing. You can also go to customer service and pester them to the get the briefer out to your boat.

Have learned over the years also that the Report phone is the key. As soon as you get that and give them the number things start moving along. Yes pester them and they will get you out as soon as you can.

Cruising the local waters here in SC and GA. Love the BVIs and miss the Tradewinds!