Originally Posted by twii
Returned a week ago following a wonderful 10 day trip to Virgin Gorda. A very emotional trip as well as the devastation from Irma is still very present but the all the folks we talked to are doing ok and all seem to have a wonderful attitude. Repairs and construction are happening, but lots of time needed. Plenty of places to eat and water and power were not interrupted. The islands are still all "brown" vs "green", bushes and flowers are all back in full bloom, but the trees are still pretty beat up. As another poster mentioned, we noticed butterflies like never before. Thousands of them. The last two days we were there, we noticed some folks standing in front of Mad Dogs talking. Lets hope that they are considering rebuilding, it was quite sad to walk past that place, not to mention not being able to find another pina colada like Edith made! Flew into STT and took the ferries to VG, stopping in Road Town to clear customs. As we were standing in line and C&I, my wife started tearing up. The woman at immigration looked at her and said, "we'll be fine, don't worry".

tom

We were there in November and were completely devastated by what we saw and the stories from the Many people we love and consider family....what struck most however was the sheer determination and resilience of the people...yes they had no homes, no jobs, etc...but they were praising God because they had life....that trip changed me forever.

We return on Saturday to formerly say good bye to Reef Song....gonna be an Emotional trip no doubt.

Kim