From Facebook messenger chat in April:

Have the moorings in your field been inspected after Irma for safety? Thanks!
APR 8TH, 6:54AM

Them:
Hi Brian,
The Moorings were visually inspected in early-mid December. A couple of the balls themselves, and a couple pendants are in need of replacement, but the ground tackle is in good shape. By the time you get here in June all should be in A1 order, but contact me before you come and I will be happy to give you an update on everything here on the Cay.

Me:
Outstanding thanks!

Them:
We are working to have a beach bar set up soon as well, hopefully by the time you arrive. At this point, the BVI Dept. of Environmental Health has asked us to restrict island access to only essential personnel until construction in the public areas is completed. I will let you know how that is going as well!

Me:
Ok thanks for the update. Ok if I post this info on TTOL?
Others have asked about mooring condition etc...

Them:
Sure, but let me get up with Rusty, the diver at the Mooring company, tomorrow so I can get back to you with the exact info on where everything stands. I know he's busy, and I've not been in contact with him since early Jan.

Me:
Ok sounds good thanks

Me:
8:53AM 05/09
Have the moorings been inspected? Thanks!
(I'm waiting to hear back)

============================================================

From their most recent website status post 4/26:

"The mooring fields are now OPEN and OPERATIONAL at Marina Cay; and the Pusser’s Restaurant and a Pusser’s Company Store will soon be open for business!"

http://pussers.com/2018/04/26/sneak...erwater-location-red-box/?removed_item=1

In this Facebook post there is a reply from Pussers ~ 5/1 that reads:

https://www.facebook.com/Pussers.Marina.Cay/posts/1857695230961333

"Pusser's, Marina Cay, BVI: Jonathan Emmons The mooring ball field is open as the restaurant should be within 9 days - so please check in!"

Having said all of that I'll be diving on every mooring we pick up in June.

Last edited by bkfitz; 05/09/2018 09:05 AM.