Because it was a very short trip.

We just got home from a week on the island, which we called our Economic Stimulus Package. Six of us went, David and myself, Todd and MJ, and Brad (Wofan) and Lora.
The reason for the trip was to see our island friends and inject as much into the economy as we could reasonable do in only one week. I think we did a pretty good job.

Lots has been said about the damage to the island, but until you experience it first hand, you just have no concept. Even photos don't really show what happened there. Most of our friends who were on the island during Irma told us they thought they were going to die. Even now, strong winds bring flashbacks of the terror of those two days. Both sides are rebuilding; the Dutch side is making quicker progress than the French, but there are restaurants open on both sides. Beaches with facilities are harder to come by.

We spent beach days at Cupecoy, Mary's Boon, Karakter, El Zafiro, and Baie Rouge. We tried to go to Kokomo, but it was way too windy to stay there.

Lunches were on the beach for the most part, although we did drive over to Oyster Pond to see Carole, formerly of L'Estaminet; she's working at BZH Creperie now, and we had a delightful lunch there.

Dinners were at The Palms (three times), Lal's (twice), and Emilio's once. We were treated to an amazing meal at the home of a friend who surprised us by being on the island when she wasn't supposed to be! I'll let her decide whether to reveal her identity...she is a member here.

Without exception (well, except for the rude person at Kokomo), the islanders were happy to see us, and thanked us often for visiting.