Sitting at the airport getting ready to head back to Western New York. Thought I would take this time to report our experience. The main purpose of this trip was to meet with the craftsmen at SMPM. They are making our windows and doors for our Post Irma rebuild for our house on Jost Van Dyke, BVI.

We arrived midday on Thursday to sunshine and so many smiling faces! We had rented a car from Thifty so we headed there on their shuttle to pick up our vehicle. Easy Peasy! Drove to Simpson Bay Resort, where checkin was a breeze. We were assigned a room in the upper B building room B168. A deluxe studio with plenty of room for two. Our room overlooked the pool and had a huge front patio with tables and chairs. We set out to explore a little on foot having a late lunch at Replay Sports with the SBR complex. The food was typical bar food, but good. Tired from our travels we napped getting back up in time to enjoy a beautiful sunset. We then headed to get breakfast items at a small grocery store nearby. Dinner was at the Greenhouse and was excellent. Harry was our server and was on point.

Friday was window and door day so we made our way through the French side to up near the small airport. We found the workshop and were quite impressed with its size and functionality. Business done, we headed back around the other side of the island stopping at Oyster Bay resort for lunch. They are working everywhere on this complex but the restaraunt was open. We were the only patrons and had a lovely chat with the manager. He even showed us the windows that SMPM had recently completed for them. Bonus! Back to SBR for a swim and nap (I sound so old don’t I?). Woke up in time for a sunset and cocktails at Buccaneers were we enjoyed fireballs after dark and cocktails. Dinner was again at the Greenhouse with Harry as it was Lobster mania night.

Saturday we got up and headed to Mayo to see the planes landing. It is a very touristy thing to do but we did it anyway! I took a tumble when getting to our chairs at the sunset beach bar, hmmmmpf and Ouch! Once settled in with my wounded pride painkillers were in order to ease the road rash. Not to be kept down for long after having a light lunch at Mayo we headed back to SBR for swimming on the beach and then relaxing at the swim up pool bar. And yes, we took a nap before getting out for the sunset and an amazing dinner at Isora. Husband had the lasagne and I the spinach ravioli. Their cheesecake, made in house, was amazing with the wild berry topping.

Sunday we relaxed at the resort for the better part of the day, switching between the beach and pool bars. Sunday evening we headed to Seaside Nature park for a 2 hour champagne and sunset horseback ride! To much fun! As if the sunset and champagne was grand enough, the highlight was the end of the ride when we rode the beach home and went swimming on the horses backs! This was a blast! After, the ride, we enjoyed a few beers with the locals at the La Houstina (sp), a small beach bar, literally made out of a shipping container. Dinner was at Pinapple Pete’s which was still hopping when we got there after 9 pm.

Monday we packed up and returned our pool towels. Walk around some and checked out. Headed to the Yacht Club for a delicious breakfast and some boat nerding on the way to the airport. Which brings us up to me sitting at the airport writing this......

Random thought about our trip......

The people are so nice and friendly.
The roads are easy to navigate although congested at times.
The Dutch side is progressing in recovery much quicker than the French side.
The food is amazing.
The sunsets beautiful!

Thanks so much for all of the advice that helped to make our trip more enjoyable. We will be back!

Happy Tripping!