Well Happy Anniversary to start with in advance! You will find that cruising around any of the islands during July it is calm, unless there is a storm coming. You are in Hurricane Season during this time. We find May to be a great calm month to cruise in however I take it your Anniversary is in July. Things to consider is pack light!!! Whatever you pack throw half of it out of the suitcase. Dont forget bug spray though. As far as the best places to take a charter, is too many to list. You stated you are having a crew charter, the Captain I am sure will show you the top highlights on your trip. For things you must see and do....Do you Scuba Dive or snorkel? Wreck of the Rhone off Salt Island is great for both. The Baths on Virgin Gorda along with the Caves at Norman Island. Caves you snorkel into and its not some cave where you will get lost but really beautiful inside. (Bring a Dive Light to shine on the walls) Our favorite spot is White Bay Jost Van Dyke. Of course you have to visit Foxy's Bar in Great Harbor Jost Van Dyke. The best thing I can say is research or read up about the BVIs and see what sparks your interest. If you want a world class beach to just chill at then Anegada is the place. Its all about what interest you the most.

Cruising the local waters here in SC and GA. Love the BVIs and miss the Tradewinds!