Yesterday was our anniversary. Eric wanted to try Marigot for lunch, which turned out to be a very good idea!

We ended up at Tropicana, based on recommendations here in my thread I posted before we left, requesting info for a special lunch. I have to say, this lunch did NOT come anywhere close to the "Best Meal I Ever Had", at Dreams. which would be impossible, but it was very nice and we both enjoyed it very much.

[Linked Image]

We started with a nice Cote de Provence

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

They didn't appear to have a printed menu, at least for lunch, but only the chalkboard menu here. The owner (??) translated anything we didn't understand for us.

[Linked Image]
Note they were giving 1.15 on the Euro, which isn't bad, compared to the real exchange rate. They did accept credit cards. I had to ask, since I spent more than I thought I would at the stalls there in the open market in Marigot.blush

We shared the special appetizer salad, which featured crab, salmon, shrimp and grapefruit.

[Linked Image]
Eric, being much more of a 'fish' person than I am, loved it! I thought it was ok..

On the other hand, I positively LOVED my beef tenderloin with a mushroom sauce!!! OMG!! love

[Linked Image]

I have to say, the presentation wasn't up to real Grand Case standards, but that steak was some of the best I've had in a long time, with that sauce!!!

I ordered French fries (ok, pomme frites!) and Eric had a garlic potatoes side dish that could make me give up French fries forever, in exchange!

[Linked Image]

Eric had a snapper dish, with a crab crust

[Linked Image]

We finished with an OMG GRAND MARNIER SOUFFLE that was OUT of this world!!!

[Linked Image]

WOW!!!

The finishing touch was some home made banana vanilla rum

[Linked Image]

What a lovely meal!!!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Carol_Hill; 06/17/2018 04:11 PM.

Carol Hill