|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,067
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 152
Joined: August 2007
|
|
|
12 members (shieneehead, Mantas, BarbyandLeo, Canuck54, Rumlover, Granite13, Billtjw, cabokid, Oceans, Rugo, Angelface, 1 invisible),
422
guests, and
115
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 633
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 633 |
There are some mooring balls with pendants at Biras Creek and Vixen Point, Prickly Pear Island, and I've seen many boats rig their own pendants to those that were missing one. I don't know if these mooring balls have been recently inspected. The ones at Vixen Point look in rough shape.
There are moorings at Saba Rock and I seem to recall reading that they were inspected and someone was collecting the fee.
BEYC removed the pendants on all their moorings, except for 3 marked private.
There are several nice places to anchor in North Sound. I like south-west shore of Prickly Pear Island beyond Vixen Point. You have 'Drake's Anchorage' off east shore of Mosquito I. As mentioned, the area between Prickly Pear and Eustacia Island is very nice though I find it a bit lumpy is winds are above 20 kt. South-East shore of Prickly Pear downwind of Saba Rock used to be filled with long-term cruisers but is now mostly deserted. Gun Creek or Robins Bay are particularly good options if wind goes SSE.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|