Hey jredenbaugh, sorry we missed you. Once we were on the boat I didn’t jump on the internet much except to check the weather.

Post trip report for those inclined…

Sunday June 10 - Arrived CYOA base Sunday around 2pm and found the boat plugged in, lit up and AC on, thanks Capt. Jay. Dropped off our bags then lunch at Hook Line and Sinker. Provisions arrived at 5pm, stored the boat and then light dinner aboard.

Monday – Final paperwork, boat brief, chart brief, sail check. Motored for anchor set at Christmas Cove (place was packed), swim, dinner and then I crashed due to dehydration. I should know better.

Tuesday - Crew decided we should stay additional day at Christmas Cove to recuperate/acclimate. Moved to a ball set and actually had a great day of doing nothing but drink water and light snacks, by dinner I was 100%.

Wednesday – Quick sail to Lind Point to check out Cruz Bay. Talked to the C&I folks in their new trailer, had a beer in town, got ice and then sail to Maho Bay. Thanks for the tip BaardJ. Ball set with 3 other boats in the whole bay. Happy Hour with new friends on another CYOA boat that we met Sunday night at the charter base and then happened to show up in Maho, dinner on board.

Thursday – A perfect reach to Great Harbor JVD for a ball set. Check in, get ice then dinghy to White Bay and Soggy for an afternoon of Painkillers, music and playing in the water. Dingy back for drinks at Foxy’s, then dinner aboard.

Friday – Sail, then motor sail, then motor to Leverick Bay. Top off fuel, water tanks, move to an inside side tie, plug in the boat for AC then reprovision ice, drinking water and beer. Showers then BBQ and Mocko Jumbies. Great night.

Saturday – Sail to The Baths, too busy for a stop, then off to Cooper for a ball set in Manchioneel and met up again with our new friends for another Happy Hour. Dinner aboard.

Sunday – Up early to hit The Baths with our new friends, had the whole place to ourselves for 1.5 hours, AWESOME. Off the ball by 9:15 and sail to Peter. Anchor set in Deadman’s Bay for lunch. Sail clockwise around Peter for a ball set in Great Harbor. Willie T was busy, power boats rafted out 4 deep. Dinner aboard.

Monday – Sail to the Indians for a snorkel, then more sailing before we set course back to Peter and an anchor set at Key Bay for lunch and snorkel, the sail to Normal for a ball set in The Bight. Dingy out to The Caves then dinner aboard.

Tuesday – Up early to check back in to USVI at Cruz Bay, get ice and more beer. Weather predicted showers for the afternoon so we elected to go back to Maho Bay. Ball set by 11am, lunch, swim and then the sky opened up for 3 solid hours of rain. It was fantastic. Rain cleared out around 4-5. Dinghy to the beach for a walk and then dinner aboard.

Wednesday – Casual morning then late start and sail to Christmas Cove for a ball set and dinner from Pizza Pi.

Thursday – Off ball by 7:30am for a downwind run to refuel boat at Yacht Haven in Charlotte Amalie. Check in, debrief and at airport by noon for a 2:30pm flight back to California.

All told 10 days, 40 engine hours, 24 gallons diesel, 34 gallons drinking water, 120 cans/bottles of beer, 4 crew and 1 38’ Beneteau. Wow what a great trip, our first but not our last. I think the only mistake made was not drinking enough water on the flight out from California which led to taking an extra day at Christmas Cove to rehydrate.

Can't say enough about the folks at CYOA, they were great, knowledgeable and friendly.

Cheers

Randy