Originally Posted by Christo

...over a decade of experience with Sunseekers...and they were always breaking! Always something wrong with them! Which as we were UK based was easier...just nip down to the factory and get it fixed. Possibly not so much in the BVI.
That's certainly discouraging and disappointing to hear. Has there been no evidence of improved quality control since then?

If sailing is definitely not your gear...
definitely not for now.

then something like the Fleming would be my pick. Less 'bling' sure, but more seaworthy, better range and I reckon you'd get lot more fun out of it in that part of the world (especially not fixing it every 5 minutes!).
The Fleming 55 is not something I had considered (or really heard of) before. I am looking into it. What it certainly lacks in pure sexy-factor relative to the Manhattan, it clearly makes up for in range. 1000-2000 nautical miles would pretty much get everywhere around the Caribbean without refuelling, if that's the important thing.... to be honest, that will take more thought. On the other hand, the Manhattan 52' can easily go around the BVIs all day long, and a trip to St Barts well within its range smirk

Last edited by classick; 07/20/2018 08:00 AM.