Maranjo,

That’s a small part of why St. Barts lost most of its appeal. To us anyway. Coming from SXM where the people tend to be so pleasant and friendly, we felt the welcome and warmth of the StB people was seriously lacking. The ‘attitude’ was all too evident all too often. None of that on AXA or Saba, or none that we ever experienced over many trips.

Ellen,

Are those boat prices round trip or one way? RT they’re not too bad but if the ferry is $25.00 ONE WAY, it starts to become a very expensive daytrip, particularly for a family. I remember when it was just a couple dollars each way and we used to take our girls (and usually a friend each) over for the day. It can become an expensive family day by the time you figure in the ferry, departure taxes on both sides, the taxi to Shoal and then chairs, lunch and drinks but those very beautiful beaches just need to be seen and enjoyed, for sure.

Given the option of AXA or StB, I’d opt for Anguilla in a heartbeat, but again, IMHO, AXA is mostly about the beaches and for a totally different and ‘off the beach’ kind of day, I’d choose Saba anyday for its absolute beauty.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."