FWIW, I chartered a boat through Jenny Goya a few years ago. It was a Lagoon 520 from DYC, though the company ended up substituting a Saba 50 in its place - which was no fault of Jenny’s. They claimed it was a maintenance issue, but I swear we crossed paths with the boat we were supposed to be on a few days into our charter. It appeared to me that it was doing a captained charter with a large number of guests. I can’t really speculate as to what really happened, but I guess we got a more or less comparable boat to the lagoon. In any case, it was still a successful charter and Jenny was easy to work with. We made the charter payments directly to the owner of the boat, but other than that it went off just like any other charter. I was able to call the charter company after reserving to boat through Jenny, but before sending in the deposit, to confirm it was all legit and the person we were paying was the actual owner of the boat. I would have no problem working with Jenny again - or chartering directly from and owner as long as I am able to do a bit of due diligence to make sure it’s all on the up and up.

Matt

Edit: I don’t know if Jenny was with owner time charters or not when I worked with her so I can’t really comment about that company specifically. We found the boat on sailonline and Jenny was working as representative for the owner.

Last edited by snmhanson; 07/25/2018 01:34 AM.