Just a guess but I’m thinking the paper it’s written on is probably more valuable than the defunct timeshare. For all the years there have been timeshares on the island there has been ‘talk’ about the various governments passing timeshare legislation and to date it’s still just blah, blah, blah with nothing more to show for it.

With regard to the points buy-in, if the exchange company doesn’t have a good inventory of member resorts my first thought is why bother?

All of us who hold timeshare paper on SXM have to hope for the integrity of the land and property owners. Or in all probability we must be willing to pay a lot of money in legal fees to possibly reach a happy settlement. Or possibly NOT. I loved the Ocean Club and feel for you over it’s loss. But as an additional thought and while I don’t know what your AMFs were like, it’s altogether possible you could rent elsewhere on the island for not much more than many are currently paying in AMFs and save yourself the grief of litigation.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."