Hello,

I was hoping to ask for a couple of suggestions for a first timer in Tortola. We're a couple going next month, and have 4 days/5 nights in Tortola. We looked into chartering a catamaran, but have ruled it out.

We're now having a look at where to stay, and while the internet has helped, I don't have a good sense if the same info applies post-hurricane. Our agenda is we'd like to take day trips to visit some of the other islands (e.g. JVD, Virgin Gorda, Anegada).

2 questions:

1. I got the sense that Cane Garden Bay was THE place to stay pre-hurricane. What about now? If most businesses are still in the process of rebuilding, is there any advantage to staying in CGB right now? Would we be better off staying closer to a ferry hub?

2. The website with the ferry schedule is a bit confusing, but it looks to me if were to stay around the West End, it only goes to JVD (and a couple of USVI). Is it easy/possible to get from the West End to locations like Virgin Gorda and Anegada? Would we be better off staying closer to a different hub such as Roadtown?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!