True Carol...:-( I don't want to go into a big debate about permit or no permit......I just feel very sad for Gus, he a very good friend of our for well over 20 years. He lost just about everything he had from the hurricane....most of his house except a small concrete room he luckily built years back, furniture, clothes, cars.....now his hope in rebuilding his beach bar is gone. He can't get a permit to rebuild his house either....government says "No". We've spoke a few times this past week......he is so very down.....he said to me "The happy story has come to an end". For island people in his age group [70's and up] that have had their small business for 30 to 40 years can't comprehend the new government rules and regulations.....understandably so. It has been their way of life for as long as they can remember. Now because of Mother Nature all that has been destroyed! Another thing he said to me..."Debbie, government and Mother Nature may have me down, but I still have my life and my family".

The people in the Villas and Owners Asso. have finally gotten their way...:-(