We have returned from a whirlwind 36-hour New England excursion to be in the audience as Kenny Chesney’s Tour Around the Sun as it comes to an end. First and foremost, I must call out the folks we met in the parking lot surrounding Gillette Stadium. It is extremely hard to put a tailgate together when you fly into the party and have a rent-a-car. Thank All of You for making us part of your party! We did what we could under the circumstances, but the friends we met made the day fly by. Our Polar Bear cooler worked well as a suitcase and performed double duty for the tailgate.

[Linked Image]

I did make up a trivia game based on STJ and Kenny lyrics and walked around with a bottle of Blue Chair Coconut Rum handing out shots to anyone who got a question right… or was even close… of even just tired.

The Foxy meet and greet was very nice. Low key and probably 25 to 30 people. He played a little, but with no mic outdoors it was a little hard to hear him. He took the time to chat with anyone who stopped to say hello. As we all know he is getting older, but still has a sparkle in his eyes.

[Linked Image]

So, as I said in an earlier post, we were in the nose bleed section. 2nd row on aisle, and they were really pretty good seats to watch and hear the concert. No, I could not get the pics I like to take at concerts, but as time goes on performers do not like real cameras to enter the venue.

[Linked Image]

Most everyone in the crowd was armed with their cell phones. I did use my small point and shoot that allowed me to get a few shots that were ok. Of course, no close ups, but a pretty good movie, and shots of the moon.

[Linked Image]

A quick song link for Kenny fans from the nose bled section: American Kids from Above

I did where a Sloop Jones shirt that I was thought was fitting for our seats. After checking out the “Leap”, I decided not to heed the advice on the back of the shirt.

[Linked Image]

As we sat down the younger concert goers’ behinds us started to give us a hard time about our age being at a concert. At one point one said, “Damn, look at the font size on the phone… You guys are old!” I laughed when they left about an hour and half into the show. I guess it was passed their bedtime. Kids to day just cannot keep up with us old farts.

The show itself was great! Kenny’s energy and love of this venue was felt by each person. The setlist was ok. They were not the songs I particularly wanted to hear, but oh well I am old remember. It was worth the pilgrimage to Foxboro and we both had a great time. Thank You New England – Thank You Kenny.

Last edited by TomB; 08/25/2018 08:47 PM.

“Every time I open a bottle of wine, it is an amazing trip somewhere!” José Andrés