|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,950
Posts342,010
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 2,734
Joined: March 2008
|
|
|
18 members (eyknoll, SharonfromSXM, mahokid, tangerine3, CaribbeanCanadians, snmhanson, Rumlover, marksxm, louismcc, 2Travelers, RickinAtlanta, WWII, SuzJon, 5 invisible),
421
guests, and
76
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 14
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 14 |
What is everyone's preferred method for tracking the weather in the BVIs?
We'll be starting our charter on Saturday. Given the time of year and a disturbance forming off Africa (and possible lack of cell service), want to have a backup. Typically I use NOAA website, windguru, windyty websites.
I know weather is broadcast via VHF and AM. I see that 780 AM radio is basically broadcast hourly on the 30 minute mark. Is the VHF broadcast running constantly?
Thanks for the advice--this will be my 9th bareboat but never had an issue with weather before (except the Maltemi in the Greek Cyclades--but that's a different story).
Thanks! Ken
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|