[Linked Image]

Lamb Shanks- My wife discovered she liked lamb in Iceland, read about it on the World Wide Travel section! shameless plug for readership!

-Lamb shanks - whatever size or amount you prefer! I prepared 4 small ones compared to what we had in Iceland. That one had more meat than these 4 combined!

-rub shanks with EVOO and salt and pepper to taste

- dust shanks with flour

- In a dutch oven heat a few tablespoons of EVOO, I don't measure much.

- over fairly med/high heat I browned the 4 shanks on all sides 2 at a time for maybe 5-10 minutes until nicely browned, then moved them to a plate. Try not to burn the oil!

- added a little more EVOO and put carrots and red onion in to saute. I cut veggies into fairly large pieces.

- once veggies were caramelizing I added about 3 heaping tablespoons of jarred chopped garlic...work smarter not harder!

- while that cooked, I grabbed a bunch of fresh rosemary and oregano from the garden and chopped it up and added to the pot. Some recipes called for thyme, I didn't grow any!

- Mixed all that around and added 1/3 bottle of dry white and 1/3 bottle of dry red wine. deglazed and got that to boil.

- Then added 1/2 a 32oz box of low sodium chicken broth and same amount of beef broth. Brought to a boil then reduced to a simmer. I threw in 2 more sprigs of Rosemary on top because I cut them already!

- Pushed the 4 lamb shanks under the broth and simmered as low as I could for 2-1/4 hrs then took the lid off for 20-30 more minutes. Meat was falling off the bone at 2-1/4 hr, but wanted to thicken the sauce a bit!

- I then put some cauliflower in the steamer with a pinch of kosher salt.

- I had already boiled some redskin potato and made garlic mashed potatoes...a must with all that broth!

BON APPETITE!! Oh and of course a nice dry red went nicely!!