Hi all. Sorry I've been remiss in posting, but our only internet access here in the boonies is via cell phone tower, and apparently we lost the one closest to our home. I'be been able to access Facebook, although it's been very slow. We've picked up a different tower today, and our service is much improved. Thank you Beach Kitten, for sharing my updates. We're fine here, but within five miles things are much different. There's a lot of flooding nearby, and more to come. New Bern, the town where we go to grocery shop and enjoy lunches and dinners out, is devastated. I'm sure you've seen the pictures on the news. Our power came on last evening; many are still without power and will be for quite some time. The damage we saw on the way to the beach house was unreal. Our next door neighbor there probably lost his house; it's on pilings and they are twisted. He had only bought the house a few months ago, and put in a new pier. It is completely gone. Again, we were lucky; only a little damage to the fascia of the house. Our pier is mostly intact, although we did lose probably the last 30 feet (it's 785 feet total), and the landing on the end. The boat lift is damaged, but can be repaired. The power is still off down there.

We are the fortunate ones; many have lost everything.

Thanks to everyone who asked about us.