Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Hi. Any updates from you folks in the Carolinas? Anyone heard from Georgia?

Yesterday Georgia was doing well. Having drinks! I believe that today she was going to attempt to drive out and check property on the coast....

She told me that I could share what she said yesterday:

" Still no power, but the generator makes that a non-issue, at least until we run out of propane. We just took a drive to see where the wires are down, and there are three different places, the farthest about 15 miles from our house. The road is blocked there, so we couldn't go any further.
The propane will last around another two weeks. The truck will come out to refill it as long as they can get to us. The problem will be the flooding of the Neuse River will close the road between us and the propane company. We're running a/c, set on 82 to conserve propane. My only internet access out here us via cell service, and it's been very spotty today. Please share my status on ttol. We're fine, and in no danger at All. Thanks to you and the others for their concern."

Monday update:
From Emerald Isle
"At the beach house. We are so fortunate! The house is almost unscathed, just one piece of fascia trim blown off. A couple of trees down or damaged. The pier is mostly still here; we did lose the landing end, and the runners off the lift."

Last edited by BeachKitten; 09/17/2018 04:56 PM.

"It is good to do nothing all day, and then to rest" wink