I'm in a big bind and need advice. Supposed to start big vacation tomorrow but mother-in-law is now in ICU and it does not look good...

Have a Moorings 5000 booked for 7 days with an evening boarding starting tomorrow evening. 4 couples including my wife's sister/husband. Big investment for everyone and plans made (over $10k)...

I'm getting ready to call the other couples and give the the bad news that 4 of us can't go and they don't have a captain. One of the couples went early and is currently at Scrub and the other is flying out in the morning.

I know it's possible to hire a captain and pay another $2-$3k but there would be no money back for the other half of us and, honestly, the other 2 couples haven't even met before. BEFORE YOU SAY IT, NO WE DON'T HAVE TRIP INSURANCE AND WE SHOULD HAVE...

One option we can think of is to offer to buy them out of the trip and they can use that money for a land based vacation this week. That would possibly give the bulk of the $10k in credit for a rescheduled trip.

Do you guys have suggestions on any kind of last minute hotel/VRBO deal on Virgin Gorda or anywhere else in BVI that would be available as soon as tomorrow for a week??? Anyone on here happen to have a place that did not get booked for next week and is willing to offer a discount to fill it this week?

Thanks in advance for any ideas/options!!

Brian