Hi Beachkitten,

I am so very interested to hear more about your conversation with Clarence!

We've been owners at The Towers since way back in 1990 when we were two very young honeymooners with a credit card - perfect timeshare prey smile
All kidding aside, we've been going back to SXM for that long, though not always to the Towers (usu. Anse Marcel), and it's been a great part of our lives. However, now I am considering forfeiting my own PH unit back to them, and am interested in any news or input you may have. I saw a photo of the roof ripped off our unit (top middle facing the pool).

Our maintenance fees, supposedly contractually limited to annual increases tied to the local inflation index, have skyrocketed far beyond that permitted by the contract. I've periodically argued with their accounting department about the flaw in their calculation formula that violates the contract terms and allows the rate increases to erroneously compound excessively - all on deaf ears. Now, I can stay at a hotel or a villa of my choice for the same price as my timeshare carrying costs. What's the point?

But now my even bigger fear is a "special assessment", which I have no idea whether or not they can legally do, but fear they'd do anyway if they felt the need, regardless of legalities, since we've apparently got little ability to challenge - as evidenced by the maintenance fee issue, and weak govt protections. (to their credit, they didn't do this after hurricane Luis). There's no transparency regarding the finances.

Any Towers news/input you have would be hugely appreciated. (And fyi, we'll be back on island in mid-Nov ourselves, but Orient side - can't wait!)

Thanks!