Originally Posted by BeachKitten
Visited Towers today.

Toured property and several floors. Had a long visit and frank discourse with Clarence, who gave us the tour and update personally. More on the story and pictures to come.

The Towers
No, there really is no work being done due to the Central Bank’s lien on the property.
Took a tour of the property with Mr. Derby. At first, I walked over this tape which was attempting to prevent people from walking around the building and to the pool.
[Linked Image]

We went into the lobby, spoke with the friendly employees we know. Walked around the whole outside. This is the lobby ceiling.
[Linked Image]

I will let you assess for yourself how the outside looks. Missing doors, windows, and the roof is not complete.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

These two containers are full of new doors and windows
[Linked Image]

New accounting building is finished
[Linked Image]

Penthouse #806. Still wide open. No doors.
[Linked Image]

8th floor hall
[Linked Image]

A unit on the 4th floor, and the model for how the destroyed 7th and 8th floors will be repaired.
[Linked Image]

Stainless appliances and a new countertop
[Linked Image]

The maintenance building and parking lot
[Linked Image]

All light poles are down, so two temporary lights have been brought in to run at night in the lot
[Linked Image]

Roof debris, and pool is still empty
[Linked Image]

The lower floors that were not destroyed, this is how the furniture is being stores. All placed into center of room and covered
[Linked Image]

Take from these pictures what you will. I toured the property last week, and Pat toured this week. We both had the same conversation with Mr. Derby. IMO 2019 is not looking good. Yet, we are still expected to pay our MF’s. They are adhering to our contracts and making the units whole again (7th and 8th floors), and repairing the remaining. We are expected to adhere to the contracts as well.
While I do understand the “act of God” clause, I do NOT agree with having to pay or continue waiting for something the property Owner did that got him in trouble with the Central Bank.

"It is good to do nothing all day, and then to rest" wink