I've read quite a few bits of advertising over the past year saying things like "come to the BVI and enjoy less crowded anchorages, fewer boats", and the like. I actually hope that there are plenty of boats around this season to support all the businesses and folks that work there. It has been too long since (last trip was in 2013) we were last there but it looks like March 2019 is our next trip! Dreamin' every day about the trip.

A lot has changed from what I can see but much remains the same, the people and the beautiful water and land. My wife and I are traveling by ourselves this trip, we've chartered a 37' mono with Conch, Has any body chartered with Conch recently? We chartered with Pro Valor in the past and we were always pleased with the personal touch that Jim and Cecilia and their team gave us.

I think the first time I went to the BVI was 1983 or so. I scanned some old slides (remember those) from some earlier times......enjoy. Things have certainly changed since those days. I posted some of these years ago on the old board, sorry to those that have been around a while..... sorry

Who can identify the locations in these old pics.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by mainesailor; 10/31/2018 11:25 AM.

I always take life with a grain of salt. Plus a slice of lemon, and a shot of tequila