Pat..sounds like one of the downpours that we experienced a couple of years back. I also was going up the hill at the time...and swore within a few minutes had a river headed right at me as we went up. It was fairly light then, and i thought it looked like a tsuanmi heading for us...with rocks in the road. Then again after we reached the top....going down i was scared shitless. There was a couple of slides coming off the hill itself....and rocks throughout the road. I swear i skidded the entire way down. My timing couldn't be worse.....by the time we reached Lee's or so in simpson bay...the biggest rainbow i have ever seen on the island appeared. I know there is billions of dollars of yachts in the marina in March....and one of those lucky rich folk must've had the pot of gold right in their boat!!!!!! I can say...i probably have never been behind the wheel at a worse time as that hill...i usally don't worry bout driving...but this time was so much different. Thank god...you made it back safely...and now will have this memory to last a lifetime. smile Enjoy the rest of vacation.