Hi,

We returned from our 3rd Viking River Cruise yesterday. I will be posting a trip report as soon as I get my act together, which may be awhile.

In the meantime, you can read my trip reports of the other cruises in the archives here.

The first one we took was Tulips and Windmills. This only runs for a short time because tulip time is around April to early May. It is quite cool to downright cold in the Netherlands at that time of year. Still a very enjoyable trip. I will have to look up the exact date. I think it was in 2007.

In August of 2009, we took Viking's Romantic Danube Cruise. Of the 3, I think that is my favorite, and the one I would recommend for an anniversary.

The third was Portraits of Southern France with a 2 day extension in Marseille. It involved much more walking that was much more difficult than the other 2 cruises. Do keep in mind that we were a group of 4 ranging from 69 to 80, however, there were more younger passengers on this cruise than the others.

Some advice:
1. Book early. Viking's cruises fill up fast.
2. Use a travel agent that has experience booking river cruises. Booking the cruise is not difficult, but airline reservations can get tricky even if you book air through the cruise line. We were very thankful to have a great travel agent this time.

Hopes this gives you a starting point.

Sue