Saturday, December 1

Time to go see the parrots! I picked up a couple of friends who hadn’t yet been to Parotte Ville Bird Park, and we headed out. After a cloudy start to the day with rain overnight, it was sunny and very warm. There was a large group of children at the park when we arrived, and it was fun watching them run around with birds on their seed cups.

George Parotte (hence the strange way the park name is spelled) was busy in the museum, but there was an assistant who was very attentive, pointing out the various kinds of birds, suggesting photo ops, and generally being sure we were enjoying ourselves, which we did. This remains one of my favorite things to do on the island.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Elizabeth is not amused. Note the bird pecking at her earring!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Peanuts are prized treats, but not the shell, just the nut. In the next couple of photos, two birds are fighting over the peanut and shelling it.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

After the bird sanctuary, we had lunch at BZH Creperie, a first for me. I enjoyed my goat cheese and walnut galette. Dinner was with BillandElaine and IslandGem at Yvette’s, yet another first for me. Two firsts in one day isn’t bad!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]