Greetings:
I am sharing observations of my experience of Royal Islander since my arrival Saturday. Clearly, the priority was to get the resort up and running in a condition that would allow guests to be comfortable and not hindered by ongoing remediation.The resort is operating at @90%. By that I mean most all of the rooms can be occupied. Some rooms have remaining work to be done.....a sliding door is not closing; interior work not complete, etc. Some guests are being accommodated in alternate spaces. There is work ongoing in public spaces and some infrastructure. For example, a number of wiring ducts for telephone, wifi and TV that are normally hidden from view are exposed. The lobby check-in desk and lobby bar are a work in-progress. Many rooms are missing one-thing or another. Some rooms the TVs don't work. In others things like shelving in the refrigerator are missing. As each quest is acting like a quality control inspector for their room, the resort staff is to be commended for the patience and response to guest complaints. On the very plus side, the grounds look great. The jacuzzi, pool, deck, and chairs are all new and operating.

The terrace level rooms seem to have been completely redone with a new style of furniture and layout. I will try to get into see one today.

The Tortuga Beach Cafe is open and updated.

News about La Teresse in next post.