Well done, Pirate, and thanks for writing about your trip. I have a few comments/suggestions if you decide to do it again.

Sixt is OK to rent from, and you got an excellent price, but they do charge an additional fee if you want more than one driver.

That trapped water basin at Saline is the old Salt Flat operation. Yes, at times the water does get stagnant. As you know, there are no services of any type on the beach. That's unlikely to change in the foreseeable future.

Too bad that you were too early for food at Jojo Burger. They have a decent burger, the 5th most affordable burger/fries on the island at €11 according to a friend. (Le Select is the most affordable at €8.50.)

The two good and affordable beachfront restaurants in Grand Cul de Sac, O'Corail and Gloriette, were wiped out by Irma. The only food there now is from 5-star hotels.

Valet Parking at Gouverneur? Wow, I've never seen that, nor do I ever want to!

On St Jean, at the other end from Nikki Beach and next to the airport runway, there's a free parking lot. Pearl Beach Hotel (formerly Tom Beach), is diagonally across the street. Their restaurant is also a party scene at times, but less so than Nikki Beach, and their chairs, and the adjacent water sports operation's chairs, are less than half of what Eden Rock charges. I'm actually surprised that you could get chairs at ER. From what I've heard, they're restricting their beachfront popup restaurant facilities to their Eden Rock Villa clients.

It's a maybe 10-minute walk from the airport to Pearl Beach, or a short taxi ride. Either works. If you choose, you can pick up some pricey takeout items from Maya's To Go on your way by, or maybe pick up some affordable cold beverages at the Airport Superette.

Again, thanks for the report.

Last edited by Bahston; 01/04/2019 11:55 PM.