I agree with Manpot. I have a home in the Caribbean and ship things (that I can’t readily find on island) all the time but it can get very costly. And timing can be unpredictable.

Shipping Fed-EX or by other overnight or 2 day service will cost you more that the items are worth and then you have more expense shipping them back home. For example, a regular FedEx envelope with a few papers will run you about $80 (one way) so figure double that for a box weighing 15 lbs. Using Fed-Ex Ground or UPS is problematic because delivery can take anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks and sometimes even longer. There are no guarantee delivery times so you just never know how long it will be. Shipping by Parcel Post is even more unreliable as far as timing is concerned. So, if you go the budget shipping route you could end up paying to ship your items but not having them arrive until you are ready to come back home.

We found shipping by USPS Priortity Mail to be the most cost effective but you are still looking at somewhere between $50 and $85 to ship a 15 lb box and 1 to 2 weeks delivery time. That’s about the same cost as many airlines’ excess baggage fee so you might as well take the snorkel gear with you for the convenience factor alone.