We did the same as dayhiker for an FMP in 2016. It was a great time but think it was one and done for us IMHO. Trellis bay is still a mess with boats on the shore as of Oct. We had dinner at Last Resort in 16 so they had a ball for us...now they are gone. There were a lot of drunk people and a lot of boats in a very small space and the balls were taken fairly quickly. I would strongly encourage you to get a slip at Scrub and take the ferry...

We are using the FMP in Feb and May to go to Anegada. What we have found is although we have met some really great people through the years the best "party" is hanging out with your own crew...

In fact we are usually the 1st boat of Moorings in October when the base reopens as it is less crowded. I think this year we will actually go out Oct 2nd or 3rd to let things open back up. Far and away October is my favorite time to go (assuming no hurricanes) so you will have a blast. I wish I found this group a lot earlier as it would have been a lot easier learning the lessons through others then through my own mistakes...