Depending on where you are chartering from you may be able to walk one way to a grocery store but you'll need a taxi back to the boat with your bags of groceries and the cost is $10 per person each way. Send 2-3 people to the store with a list and you can add $40-$60 to your grocery bill (if you're buying for the week, there's your 20% price difference).

From Moorings or Sunsail you can walk to Riteway although one of the other grocery stores has a driver that hangs out (or used to anyway!) at Wickhams Cay to drive you to and from their store for free - -I can't recall which store it was and we always tipped the driver anyway so I guess we still ended up paying for transportation.

We're chartering with Dream Yacht Charters in a few weeks and with their move to Scrub Island, its a combo ferry & taxi to the grocery store so we're doing the on-line provisioning for the first time. We're using Rite Way and they have an on-line grocery list/spread sheet with prices. I don't know how their on-line prices compare to their in-store prices but it would make sense that it would be more expensive to order on line. I'm still old school and provisioning is part of the fun so if there is a convenient grocery store location, I don't mind doing the work with a couple crew members. However from the new DYC base, on-line provisioning makes sense.

If anyone has any experience with provisioning for the DYC base at Scrub, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

D