Originally Posted by louismcc
Let me add a caveat to the ferry advice. I agree with the don't prepay, don't buy round trip, etc., for the most part. But for our last trip with The Moorings, we bought their prepaid transfers option and were very pleased with it. Getting off the plane there was a Moorings person waiting who put us in a Moorings arranged for taxi (didn't have to wait). We were on RTFF which wasn't the first one out, but going upstairs to the Petite Pump Room made the wait worthwhile. In Road Town there was another Moorings van waiting to take us and some others to their base.

The process on our return worked as well with one change in our plans. Our son was heading over to St. John for a few days in a condo. When we told that to The Moorings taxi person in Charlotte Amalie, he got another taxi for my son and the transfer that was supposedly only to the airport, covered the much longer trip to Red Hook. I was surprised about that and maybe it isn't sop, but it was much appreciated.

All of this for $90 per person last July.

If we fly to STT on our next trip, we'll probably purchase this option again.

We second this. We always use Marjorie Smith with Island Magic for pre arranged transfers from STT. If you are not able to catch their ferry, she will put you on the next one even if its not theirs. A driver is waiting at the airport and takes us to the ferry, and on the return he takes us to our last nights hotel. You get a nice discount on round trip service and its nice to have someone to email anytime during our trip down to update on any delays for changes. Im sure some day we will get burned, but so far she has taken great care of us. Enjoy

I'd like to be a jelly fish, cause jelly fish don't pay rent.