While the cost MAY be slightly more, consider flying into/out of Beef Island. We have done it every time after our first trip and love the easy of getting off the plane and clearing customs in less than 15 minutes. And, if you are chartering out of Scrub Island it is a quick walk to the ferry dock,.

Had to laugh at your comment about tacking without losing all headway. First time out on a big cat (Leopard 44) I seriously questioned my sailing abaility, and this was after years of sailing mono hulls and talking the ASA 114 catamaran course. I had forgotten that with big heavy cats you need to back wind the jib when you tack. As the boat comes around do not immediately release the jib sheet, but instead let it back fill with air and the wind will push the bow right around. Once it has swung through the wind and clearly has enough momentum to set you on your new course release what is now the windward jib sheet and pull in on the leeward jib sheet. Also contributing to my problem that first time out was carrying to much sail for the connditions I was in. As they say, with a catamaran reef early, reef often.