Catter,

Mahalo for the latest situations in the BVI.

We will try to work the best we can with the shortage of moorings. Looks like early departures, and spirited sailing is the plan, and maybe a reservation for a slip at Leverick, We love that reefed down, great sail up the sir francis drake channel
from Cooper to Gorda Sound.

We understand that getting into Cooper Island late is not a good plan. We hope to get out of Road Harbor about noon or so. Hate to say it, but we may motor directly over to Cooper . Or if a bit late leaving Conch,, sail to Great Harbor , Peter Island, and party down on the Willy T, and then Cooper the next morning. We have sailed the BVI for lots of years, and Cooper gets pretty well filled up in the late afternoon. We would not want to anchor at cooper.

Also, we have two weeks, on a jeanneau 36i, and should have a fun spirited sail, from Cooper on up to Leverick for the pool, and friday night bbq and Jumbies. Al sounds good at Leverick.

Have a question, if you may have checked out the slips at SCRUB..... the 35 ft. slips would have been far inside on A dock, It appears that large catamarans are becoming the major vessels in the BVI, and perhaps there might be a slip available
for a 36 monohull. We will call in ahead and try to reserve a slip at SCRUB, If not , we can pick up a mooring at marina cay, and dink or take the dock banger over to SCRUB for a fun day visit .Would really like to hike that trail up to the view point.

I would hope with DYC, that they would have boats going out for a week or two, and a 35 mono hull slip might be available. Might depend on a bit of luck.

After Marina Cay and SCRUB, we will leave early and snorkel Monkey Point, NPS mooring for 1.5 hrs. Monkey point is one of our top faves for snorkeling, as is the Indians and Pelican toward the end of our two weeks. Thanks for you update on the Caves, I
I think we will pass on the caves, and double up on the Indians and Pelican. As well as Cistern Pt. at Cooper. All will work out well.

for Jost, I think we will first try Diamond Cay, and Foxys taboo, and also Little Jost and the B-line . Just need one mooring between the two of them. Too deep a draft for White Bay, if a mooring is available in Great Harbor so be it. If not, we
will sail over to Canegarden Bay, This trip, at Canegarden, we plan on some old and new places. Especially the Elm, and check out the snorkeling on Canegarden bay's reef. ( inside ) .

Nuff of all that. We plan to avoid the cruise ships and those mobs of a thousand or so passengers. Also, we have experienced that mess at the Baths, and will pass on all that as well. Disneyland on steroids.

Mahalo nui loa , for your up to date trip report . Helps us to be better prepared and ready to compromise and change our itinerary as required.

Okole Maluna

Denny and Erica