Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
You know I wish I knew what your name was, as I feel silly addressing a post to Hdrdr. But there unfortunately IS no Club O at the moment, only the Perch Lite. And, as far as I know, no security at this point. And again, I will state that French law says that no one can take your picture without your consent. No one will confiscate any camera or delete photos unless the person is taking pictures of people that don't wish their pictures taken. I frankly don't know what authority they ever had to confiscate cameras, probably only that the gendarmes said they wouldn't do anything about it if they did. But regardless, it's a moot point UNLESS someone is taking pictures of people who don't want their picture taken.

We've been going to Club O beach since 1989. I'm sure that someone who didn't have anything better to do has taken my picture on many occasions and I really couldn't care less. But more importantly, I don't GET this 'me versus them' mentality that some folks--not necessarily you--have about the Club Orient beach. The beach and Club O were always clothing optional. Which means that anyone can walk there on the beach or sit down on the sand or rent a chair or bring their own chair. And that's fine with me. It's a beach, a beautiful beach, where people should relax. If going to that beach or talking abo
ut it makes someone so uptight, they aren't getting what the place is supposed to be.

Well all I can say to that is if you spent that much time there then you know what I have said is the absolute truth. On our first visit to Club O we were given a tour and an orientation of sorts. The overiding theme was the Clubs comittment to the protection of your privacy. The Clubs security did, on many occasions sieze cameras and delete photos. Yes it was mostly cruisers . On a personal level I could care less but Im not dependant on that kind of privacy back in the world. Many people are. My wife is a whole different story. Ill know firsthand what the deal is very shortly.
It is a beautiful beach and I hardly spend any time on this nonsense when Im there, however there have been times when I needed to step between a jerk and my wife.Not that it should matter but she is an extremely attractive lady and I am , as I should be, very protective of her. We have the right to be left alone and not harrassed by these idiots who think we are there for thier amusement. That section of the beach was established for just that reason and the photography prohibition is there for that reason as well. Disagree all you want. Thats my take on it.

Last edited by Hdrdr911; 02/12/2019 04:56 PM.

If the phone doesn't ring .... it's me