def don't miss scott's head snorkelling.

a short walk in the botanical gardens in roseau is inspiring esp if you are looking for some down time.

make sure you check out the many waterfalls/pools. i really enjoyed my lengthy soak in the warm sulfur pools (at the head of the twin falls.. now what where they called?)

trafalgar and emerald falls, and titou gorge are nice too (at the foot of boiling lake trail and the cave is where they filmed pirates of caribbean - it's pretty obvious once you have seen teh caves to recognize the scene)

middleham falls is quite the hike in.

calibashie region is of special interest for its historical significance. lots of arts and crafts including the most lovely handcrafted baskets.

if you need a tour guide..i recommend donaldson from nature isle explorers. he gets tonnes of positive trip advisor comments, which is how i found him.

many hikes are difficult but if possible, i would suggest a few simpler hikes to explore the natural vegetation.. walking in a tropical rain forest awakens many senses... wild orchids, parrots, bamboo, water falls, fresh air, tranquility.. you will find it all in dominica.

as for central location...? roseau is central but 'to hot' according to locals, and less safe. i would suggest anything just a few minutes outside of roseau if this area interests you.

for more info... the girl selling garnet rings at marigot market (near the restaurants and silver lady) IS FROM dominica and can provide insight. she's a great ambassador to her country.

dominica is sure to please you. bring warm clothes as the dampness can go right thru you if you stay in higher elevation... this from a canadian. lololol

and of course you already know about the bountiful fruits and vegetables not to be missed.

enjoy, i know i'll be returning someday soon

crazy