Given I have been away from the board to a short while; I would like to weigh in on this event.

Not surprisingly, as with most issues of this sort, the Media uses it as an opportunity to dispense primarily negative reporting. CruiseOne, nationwide, had several passengers on the vessel and all report the problems were not quite as intense as reported in most outlets. Yes, the majority of the toilets were not operating but some were. Had input from many they were never offered an "onion" sandwich and there was plenty of food. In fact, one said they had lobster two days in a row.

With respect to tendering; that would be a liability far too great for any cruise line to undertake for safety purposes. The question has come up as to why they did not take passengers back to Mexico and the answer is over 1000 passengers had no passports. You cannot fly from a foreign country back to the States without a passport. (Makes the argument for everyone to get their passport.)

Finally, given four incidents with the Carnival brand in the last couple of years, I felt personally they made a conserted effort to make clients whole, all of wich were not required. Full reimbursement, absorbing all on board accounts, future cruise credit equal to the amount paid for the cruise, $500 cash and transportation back to the home port.

I'm sure some will disagree with me but wanted to add some thoughts to the situation.

Best Regards,
Bonnie Buchanan,
Master Cruise Counselor
CruiseOne Tucson Arizona
www.cruiseone.com/bbuchanan