Clarification please from those of you who have used the STT/BVI water taxis. We just returned from our BVI venture a couple of weeks ago and had a party of six and considered using a water taxi instead of the ferry to return to STT for our flight home. A water taxi would have allowed us to have had a little more relaxed departure from the boat and marina instead of the early departure we needed to make to catch the morning ferry and the early afternoon ferry could have been an issue for our late afternoon flight if there were any delays in the ferry arrival in STT. As I researched the water taxi options, it appeared as though each of the taxi providers charge a per person fee for the ride instead of a flat rate for the boat. Realizing some taxis build in the cost of some of the departure/arrival fees, and assuming that my understanding of a per person rate is correct, not a boat rate, not sure what the advantage is of trying to get others to "split the cost."

I certainly understand that a flat rate for a taxi could be beneficial for both scheduling issues and having a larger party vs. the per person ferry charge. If, on the other hand, the water taxis do indeed charge per person, what is the advantage other than scheduling? Nothing critical of the OP in this thread, just trying to make sure we have not missed some golden opportunity on past trips.

Sailing is not a matter of life and death-it is more important than that