i may be the wrong one to respond here because I absolutely adore Saba and have both day-tripped and over-nighted there so to me, a day spent on Saba is more than worth it but that said, it took us twenty years to go over the first time.

We took the Edge that first trip (which can be a tough ride if you tend to suffer from mal de mer) as part of a packaged tour that included some sight-seeing and/or hiking time for those who wanted to hike, and a lovely lunch at one of several locations. Our daughter and granddaughter attempted the hike to the top of Mt. Scenery but unfortunately, they were unprepared as the hike was a last minute decision. They didn’t have good hiking shoes or enough water but they almost made it to the top none the less. Time was also an issue because they had to be back to the pick-up point at a specified time.

The next time we went over we flew and it was a beautiful experience. If you took the early morning flight you would have plenty of time to for the hike and sight-seeing but do yourself a huge favor and go prepared with an extra shirt since you might get pretty grubby on the climb, sturdy shoes for hiking and plenty of bottled water to keep yourself hydrated. You will need it and with all of that you might also toss field glasses and a good camera into your knapsack.

The only downside is giving up a day on the SXM beaches and that’s a call only you can make.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."