We have stayed at Mary's Boon many many times over the past 10 years and love it. We were there in late January and they had just gotten about 30 new beach chairs for Hotel guests and new umbrellas. They also were rebuilding the little cabana umbrellas that got destroyed by the hurricane. The staff is very friendly and always helpful if you just ask them. Its not five star, more fun funky Caribbean style but we have found over the years their repeat guest to be very nice most of which could afford much better but choose Mary's Boon year after year as we do. They are updating and improving everyday it seems as the staff is always busy with projects. They have a mix of new and older chairs all of which do the same job but if you don't see a newer chair one is close by. Their are a few petty things like most places that really does matter or will keep me from having a great time, I agree the beach needs to be a little better managed but its only because they are still working on getting it back into shape have the hurricane and its still a gorgeous spot. The beach awnings are just temporary and do the job fairly will if you don't ask for a umbrella. The Bar and Restaurant has become very popular with day visitors and they now have a special better beach area in front of the rooms for just hotel guests from what a friend told me that just returned last week. I also heard The hotel is working on limiting the day visitors and that music on the beach is normally just the weekend party days. Of course its high season so everyone will slow up soon. If you look at the pictures they have in the lobby of the horrible damage to the hotel after the Hurricane you will see they have done an amazing job so the few things not yet perfect we overlook. We too love the beds, I think most rooms we have stayed in are pillow tops and nice wooden furniture from Bali. We hope to return in July and it can't come soon enough.