Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
We bought that map a long time ago, and it is very interesting to look at, but every time we go down, I don't even think to take it.

That's because you probably know the island backwards. I have been traveling on and off to the Caribbean since 1979. Remember also visiting after Marilyn in 95..fair amount of damage in St. Maarten but worse in St. Croix. Used to Love Anguilla and after going back there last year after 30 years, very little has changed apart from some nasty looking hotels(4 Seasons, just a massive concrete block) and has lost its original charm for us and really expensive, but the beaches are still fabulous. St Martin just has the best of both worlds and all we need now.

Probably been to St. Thomas about 40 times and St. Martin 30 different trips over the years and yet never truly discovered the whole of St. Martin/Maarten. Back again in May/June for basically an eating trip as I am a foodie so plan to really take the Island apart this time and presently lost 10lbs in 2 weeks with another 20 to go which enables me to stuff when there without feeling guilty, although planning to see if I can find a place that would rent me an exercise machine, so during meals I can control the inevitable. Any suggestions? In a Villa, so it would need to be delivered and collected. Mind you, with swimming and walking, that should partly do it. Just talking to myself here............Have a good weekend.
p.s. just downloaded a few offline maps of the Island.